Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Broccoli Salad

This recipe was given to me by a friend from Church,  Billie D. who got it from her daughter who got it from who knows where.  It is a hit at church socials and I love it!  Sorry Megan, the calorie count wasn't included in the recipe she gave me. 
 
2 heads of fresh broccoli (not frozen!)
1 red onion diced finely
1/2 pound bacon
3/4 cup raisins (which I omit)
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup white sugar (I used 1/4 cup only)
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
 
Directions:
Fry bacon until browned, cool and crumble.  Cut the broccoli into bite size pieces (I don't use the stems, but it doesn't say you can't).  Combine the broccoli, bacon, onion, nuts and raisins (if using) in a big enough bowl.  Prepare dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together until smooth.  Stir into the salad, let chill and serve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment