We love this dish. I cut the recipe in half as there's just the two of us and I have added the broccoli and the cream to the original recipe. Maybe "Gourmet" should be excluded from the title as I use canned mushrooms and grated cheese---but it's still good!
6 cups chicken broth, divided
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 pound Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced (I'm cheap and use canned mushrooms)
1 pound white mushrooms, thinly sliced (Again, I'm cheap and so just use the one mushroom)
2 shallots diced
Small head of fresh broccoli, chopped into small pieces
1-1/2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
sea salt to taste
black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I use Sam's Club grated)
lite cream (about 1/4 cup or less)
In a saucepan, warm the broth and keep it warm while using.
Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside or skip to next step if using canned.
Add 1 tablespoon of Olive oil in the large saucepan and saute the shallots about 1 minute. Add the rice and sauté for 2 minutes. Then add the broccoli and mushrooms. Add 1 ladle full of broth to pan and stir until the broth is absorbed. Keep adding the broth one ladle at a time, each time allowing the broth to be absorbed stirring continuously, until the rice is al dente (about 15 to 20 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the butter, chives, Parmesan and cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
No comments:
Post a Comment